With the development of cloud storage, it is a trend to save files on a cloud instead of a hard drive. Among various cloud storage services, Dropbox and OneDrive can be considered the successful ones.
They have gained a lot of users around the world and maybe you are one of them. But how to manage them together and quickly move files from Dropbox to OneDrive? You are coming to the right place. The easiest way to do the transfer is shown below. Read further!
Benefits of Moving Files from Dropbox to OneDrive
Both Dropbox and OneDrive have their unique features and advantages. If you’re considering moving files from Dropbox to OneDrive, here are some potential benefits:
- Integration with Microsoft Office Suite: OneDrive is integrated with the Microsoft Office suite, including applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This integration benefits for real-time collaboration and editing of Office documents directly in the OneDrive environment.
- Microsoft 365 Integration: OneDrive is part of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Saving files on OneDrive may give a better experience if you use other Microsoft services like Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Storage Plans: OneDrive storage plans are included in Microsoft 365 plans. So, if you are using other Microsoft 365 apps, the OneDrive plan may be more cost-effective for you compared to paying for an extra Dropbox plan.
- Windows Integration: OneDrive is tightly integrated into the Windows operating system. If you primarily use Windows devices, you may find the integration more seamless compared to Dropbox.
Best Helper for Cloud-to-Cloud Transfer – MultCloud
So, how can we move files from Dropbox to OneDrive effectively? The answer is using MultCloud. It is a professional cloud management service on which you can manage files from OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, SharePoint, MEGA, NAS, and other 30+ famous cloud storage services.
With its “Cloud Transfer” function, even if you are not well-versed in computer, you can quickly create a transfer task with just 3 steps. Also, the transfer speed will be much faster than other ways like transferring by downloading and uploading.
MultCloud now is holding a free Christmas Giveaway! Everyone get 500 GB data traffic for free! Click here: https://www.multcloud.com/partners/multcloud-giveaway-xd-winningpc5-2023.html
Use MultCloud to Move Files from Dropbox to OneDrive
Since it may be your first time using MultCloud, we will guide you to create a Dropbox-to-OneDrive task with specific instructions. More details about Cloud Transfer will be provided along with the steps, too.
At the very beginning, you have to create a MultCloud. It is a free account and you can get 5 GB of traffic to transfer, sync, and backup files every month. Additionally, since MultCloud supports email-to-cloud migration and email downloading, you are allowed to migrate or download up to 50 emails as PDFs per month.
Step 1: Enter MultCloud and click the “Get started for free” button on the home page or tap on “Get Started” in the upper bar.
Step 2: Enter your email address and password in the boxes and click “Create Account”. You can also sign in with Google, Facebook, or Apple account.
Create a Cloud Transfer Task
Step 1: When you come to the operation interface, click “Add Cloud” in the left navigation bar.
Step 2: Choose the Dropbox icon under “Personal Clouds”. Then, sign in to your Dropbox account in the pop-up window and allow MultCloud to access your Dropbox files.
Step 3: Click “Add Cloud” and the OneDrive icon, then follow the instructions to add OneDrive to MultCloud.
Step 4: Select “Cloud Transfer” in the left navigation bar. Then, click the FROM box and choose the Dropbox files or folders that you want to move. Also, click the TO box to choose a OneDrive folder to save the Dropbox files.
Step 5: Tap on “Transfer Now” to start this task.
Features of Cloud Transfer
- If the files you move from Dropbox already exist in OneDrive, you can choose to skip or overwrite the files.
- If you want to delete the files in Dropbox after the task is completed, you can tick the corresponding option.
- If you transfer files to Dropbox, Google Drive, or Google Workspace, you can keep the file modification date.
- The Cloud Transfer task will default rename your files which contain special characters. It will also generate a script file for it.
- All of the transferred files will be concluded in one folder in OneDrive.
Email: You can ask MultCloud to send you an email when the transfer task is completed.
Filter: Select what you want to transfer or ignore with their file extensions in “Filter”.
Schedule: Set the transfer task to run at a fixed time every day/week/month.
See, using MultCloud to move files from Dropbox is truly easy and effective. It will not cost you much time but can swiftly solve your problem. Except for Cloud Transfer, MultCloud also has other robust functions like Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup, Share, Remote Upload, and Email Migration. Next time if you need to sync Google Photos to Google Drive, don’t hesitate to do it on MultCloud.